Jack Sharp (1928-1992), born in Harrold, Bedfordshire, UK. Moved to Geneva, Switzerland in 1955 to join CERN as an engineer. Jack loved life, the outdoors and fully embraced anything he took interest in. Here are the works from his amateur photographer days circa 1950-1970.
Between 1962-1964 Jack was at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in exchange with CERN. During which he travelled and took photographs of various locations in North America.
The collection consists of thousands of photographs and requires a lot of work to prepare for online. Don't worry! we'll get them up as soon as we can. You can get a sneak peak of what's to come by following the Instagram page where a new image is shared everyday.
1. Complete the digitisation of Jack's archive
2. Edit and restore images for publication
3. Share daily photographs from the archive on the Instagram account
4. Collect funds from print sales
5. Utilise funds collect to publish a book(s)
6. Contribute funds to Cancer, Alzheimer's and Dementia research